Sunday, August 29, 2010

August 16, 2010

We left for Wakiso today and meet our host families for homestay. I have a wonderful loving family, Rev. Luyinda and his wife Margaret. They have 6 children, 5 live at home, the youngest is 13. The oldest is in the US and finished nursing school and lives in Washington DC. Her mother said that she will only visit Uganda now, she is applying for citizenship in the USA. I will be here for 10 weeks during my orientation period and am learning how to survive in Uganda when I am on my own. They have electricity, but it goes out alot and no running water. I take a bath outside and the pit lateran is outside. But it is good to learn what to do. I will walk about 3 miles to the class from their home and then back at the end of the day with a full backpack. We will get our bikes on the 18th.


Love & Light,

Mari


No comments:

Post a Comment