Sunday, August 29, 2010

August 21, 2010

Today is Saturday and we still had to go to the classes. We had Language today and then the bank came and introduced us to the VISA cards that the Peace Corp will issue us. We are to use those during our stay here, it is with Stanbic Bank. PC will deposit money once a month into that account for us to live on while we are here. We just filled out paper work and should get them next Wednesday. Then I came home and my host sister brought a modem from work home for the weekend, I brought 4000 UGS for airtime and We Got On the Internet from Home! It was great and we were happy until it went out in less than two minutes. The air time goes fast. Just like the air time on the phone calling the states.


This afternoon, my host sister helped me wash my laundry. Also, another first here in Uganda was washing my hair in the bucket when I washed up. I feel like I am back in school full time, 8 to 5pm we are in classes, and we have so much homework!

When I was at the market, I met a Peace Corps Volunteer that is stationed up North and speaks the Lango language. He said that I will not be far North, I may be in Kitgum, but in South Kitgum if I am there at all. He said it will probably be in close to Guru or Lira. Either way, he said that it is flat, hot and green...that it is beautiful. So I am looking forward to going.


Take care of yourselves and I will be in touch.


Love & Light,

Mari

No comments:

Post a Comment