Sunday, August 29, 2010

August 25, 2010

My homestay family is very poor, but my host sister (who is my age and the mother) wants to have her children educated at the university here. Her daughter will be going to the university next September and then she has another that will follow her. So she is thinking about going to the US to earn money for their school. She works amazingly hard. Boiling water, cooking outside, cleaning, washing dishes outside, taking care of the hen farm and the children, washing cloths outside and ironing everything. You have to iron everything here that is put on the line to dry. Because there is a fly that when they land on your wet cloths they lay eggs. You put the cloths on and the eggs go into your skin and then cause a boil. Then worms come out of your skin. Not fun!

My host sister, Margaret has been so nice to me and I really have been welcomed into this home. The father is a Rev and he started a school, he made a DVD to send out as a fund raiser and I saw it the other night and it is really good. He wanted to help the young people and educate them so that they would not be out doing nothing.

I would like to send you all a copy of the DVD if he gets me a copy.


Amaro wun,

Means I Love You All in Lango!


Get this: Amari is I Love You! Can you believe, A Mari....my name!

I think that is neat!

Love & Light,

Mari


No comments:

Post a Comment